Saturday, October 8, 2016

Honey, I Shrunk the Jack-o-Lantern!

While I was perusing the aisles at Hobby Lobby last weekend, I found Shrinky Dinks! Yes, I bought all four kinds. This is what I made with them!

 

I used the "frosty" Shrinky Dinks sheets and colored pencils. I stamped the Stitched Mouth Jack-o-Lantern with Staz On ink on the shiny side and colored with the colored pencils on the rough side.

 
After the images were colored, I cut them out with detail scissors and punched little holes at the top with a 1/8 inch sized hole punch.

 



Then the magic happened, I put them in the oven and watched them shrink! When they were cool, I sprayed them with a coat of Mod Podge acrylic sealer so that the color wouldn't rub off. I added some jump rings and earring hooks and they were ready to wear!





 I also made a little box to gift them in, even though I gifted them to myself!



 I cut some panels to cover the sides and lid of the box and decorated them with the JFF Stamptangle Tall Pumpkin and gold embossing powder.

 





Ready to gift for Halloween, or put them on immediately! (I put them on immediately!)

 

Get in the spirit by linking up your own spooky creations to the Just For Fun October Challenge - Halloween!!  You might just win a JFF gift certificate to buy these stamps for yourself!

Wendy Bellino 

jff-design-team-logo

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, I haven't thought about shrink plastic in a long time. Thanks for showing your great Halloween earrings and box. I really enjoyed seeing your holiday pumpkin cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have shrink plastic in many colors in the bottom of one of my bins just waiting to be used. This is such a creative and lovely project! I am wondering how you got yours to shrink exactly the same size. They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with these! I love your box also. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with these! I love your box also. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete