Monday, October 17, 2016

Stamptangle Gourds Card

Hi guy! Jeni here from Scrap Shack Designs and today I have another really fun fall stamptangle card to show you. I am having so much fun with these stamps and today's card focuses on just the stamp and the lovely stamptangle pattern. 


That beautiful Fall stamp is the Stamptangle Gourds stamp and can be found here. This was one of the first stamptangle patterns that I colored in and I fell right in love with it. The patterns and designs are amazing and seriously so relaxing and fun to color. 

There are tons of different ways to color in stamps and for this one I chose to use my watercolor pencils. I find that watercoloring provides a very subtle and soft look and the pencils are so much cleaner than painting. 

Now a lot of people don't know where to begin when using watercolor pencils, and while I am no expert and the task can be completed in a number of ways, for this image I decided to color straight onto the image and then take a wet brush to blend and smooth. I found that doing it this way helps to make sure the whole image is blended really well. For a variation on using the pencils, you can color on a scrap sheet of cardstock and then pick up the color with your wet brush and then apply it to the image. Again there is no right or wrong answer so feel free to experiment and have fun. 

Thanks for stopping in today. If you are interested in seeing more of my projects, tips, and tutorials you can stop by me at the shack by clicking here. Hope to see you over there. 

  photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

3 comments:

  1. This is a really nice fall card. I like the coloring and the patterned papers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete