Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Teal Pumpkin Card Project

I am so pleased to be here today, posting for the first time as part of the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Design Team! I know everyone on the team has some great projects coming up to share with you!

(Click on images to enlarge.)

You may have heard of the Teal Pumpkin project, in which people set their teal pumpkin on the front step to show trick or treaters they have some non-food items for kids with severe allergies.  I think they are just gorgeous to look at, as well as nice for the kids, so I made it into a card.


I found the easiest way to get that lovely teal color I was looking for was to stamp and emboss the Tall Stamptangle Pumpkin with gold onto light blue cardstock, fussy cut, and then sponge on Peacock Feathers Distress ink.  It was so simple to do and I am so thrilled with the result!  The smaller pumpkin (Stamptangle Pumpkin Medium) was stamped on ivory card and sponged with Tea Dye distress ink.


I also used the same colors of ink to sponge on my patterned papers and sentiment pieces to pull everything together.  The "Just A Note" stamp is available as a single stamp, or in a set of 4 sentiments.  I decided to cut my sentiment out to better fit my card.

I hope you have a fabulous day!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the teal pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. I use Mermaid Lagoon for teal. Must try peacock feathers. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have mermaid lagoon (yet). Thanks for enabling me, I will want to try that one too! Thanks for the kind comment!

      Delete
  3. So pretty, I've never heard of the teal pumpkin before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of the teal pumpkin either! What a neat thing to do. Love your wonderful card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete