Monday, November 21, 2016

Embossed Resist Technique: Lg. Stamptangle Star

Thanks for stopping in today, Jeni here from Scrap Shack Designs. Today I have a project that I created using the wonderful Star Stamp found here and a fun technique called Embossed Resist Stamping. 


With the emboss resist technique, the goal is to emboss images onto a white or light colored card stock then apply darker ink around the embossed image to make it stand out. You can either dry or heat emboss your images and you will receive similar outcomes. For these cards I inked the images using Versa Mark ink, applied some ranger white embossing powder, and then heat set everything. 
After I had the embossing and inking done I simply layered the card to help that ink stand out. I then added some matching blue gems to the center of those stars. The "Season's Greeting's" sentiment was drawn out using my Cricut and a Tim Holtz's embossing pen. I then heat set that the same way you heat set the stamped star images. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my project. If you are interested in seeing more of my creations make sure to stop by my blog. Happy Crafting. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Jeni, this is a wonderful Christmas card! I love embossed resist and you chose a wonderful color to give this card an icy feel. This stamp is so great for Christmas AND beyond, I think. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card Jeni! I just love that vintage sentiment stamp. My Disney loving nieces would love the Frozen color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I love the resist technique.

    ReplyDelete