Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Fall Fern card with Joseph's Coat Technique

I really love ferns AND also this negative/positive style of the Framed Fern stamp.  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps carries a bunch of lovely images in this style




I used a technique that I really love - the Joseph's Coat technique.  I started with watercolor paper that I colored with watercolor markers in fall colors.  I simply scribbled fall colors all over the paper and blended with water.

(Here is my secret:  I usually use a background that I intended to use another way, but it didn't turn out as pretty as I wanted.  The following step makes these not-so-nice backgrounds look beautiful!)



Once the background was totally dry, I heat embossed the Framed Fern image with clear embossing powder.  I then used my Distress Black Soot inkpad directly on the paper to completely cover the background.  You can use just about any black ink, but when I use watercolor paper, I like to use the Distress ink to get it good and saturated with black.  Then I use a paper towel (slightly dampened, if needed) to wipe off the excess ink and then reveal the beautiful watercolor-y image!

Thanks for stopping by the JFF Blog today!  Come back again soon!

~~Heidi @ MyLittleStampingBlog

3 comments:

  1. Love your card. I forgot about this technique and it is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete