Friday, December 16, 2016

Heat Embossed Poinsettia on Acetate

Hey ya'll Jenna Here again sharing my latest creation for JFF! I love the holidays. I especially love holiday crafts. With my latest card I decided to try a technique I have been wanting to try out for quite some time. 
I took the Large Poinsettia stamp from the JFF Stamp Shop, and instead of heat embossing it on cardstock I heat embossed it onto some acetate. I'm sure a lot of you have thought about doing this but, like me, were reluctant because you were afraid to melt the acetate. After all, when you melt embossing powder you are essentially melting ground up plastic anyway. 
To my surprise I absolutely love the way this turned out!. I used antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp. I made sure my heat gun was nice and hot before I brought it to the acetate. Another trick I found was to continue to move the heat gun around instead of focusing it in on one spot for too long. 

Once all the powder was melted I set the acetate aside to create my card base. I used some green cardstock and created an A2 size card base. Unfortunately the antique gold looked a little blah with the green behind it so I decided to mount it onto some red cardstock first using a few dots of Multi Medium Matte behind the flowers. I also added some gold washi tape along the top and bottom of the acetate so the corners wouldn't lift.
Next I mounted it onto my green card base. For the sentiment I die cut the word "believe" 3 times from the same green cardstock and stacked them together. I took some more of the antique gold embossing powder to create an ombre effect on my sentiment and attached it to my card with more of the Multi Medium Matte.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope I was able to provide a little inspiration for you! For a full list of supplies head on over to my blog
Happy Holidays and a safe and Happy New Year!

3 comments: