Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Stained Glass Stamptangle Christmas Tree

Hey ya'll!  Jenn here again! Hope everyone is having a good week so far! I know mine has been busy busy with Christmas quickly approaching. I am still trying to finish all of my Christmas cards. I woulda probably be done if I could stick to one or two card designs, but as many of you probably know from experience, is almost impossible with all the awesome stamps out there. The stamp I used for my card today is no exception. Its the single Christmas Tree from JFF's Stamptangle collection.
 I have been wanting to try this technique using this stamp since I laid eyes on it and I finally got the chance. Most people call it the stained glass technique. Its when you heat emboss en image on a piece of vellum and color in the backside of the image to give it a softer look. 
I began by heat embossing the tree with some Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. Next I colored the backside of my image in with my Copic markers. You want to make sure you do this with bright colors so they will be visible through the front.

Once I had the image completely filled in I rubbed Versa Mark along the edges of the panel and heat embossed more of the liquid platinum around the edges. I mounted the panel onto some Nennah Solar white cardstock and adhered the whole thing to an A2 sized card base. I decided it needed a little something so I cut and layered the Merry Christmas sentiment out of the same solar white cardstock and added it along the bottom of my card.
I love how this turned out. Not to mention that it was super simple and quick to make as well! Hope I provided some inspiration for you today. 



2 comments:

  1. So pretty Jenn! I'll have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your coloring technique and the pretty embossing on the edge of the panel. Really lovely design!

    ReplyDelete