Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hidden I Love You Valentine

Hey y'all! Happy Valentines Day!! Jenna here again to share a Valentine card that's super quick and easy to make for a crafter of any level!
For this card I decided to use the StampTangle Teardrop Heart. I love the large size and detail of this image. It makes a great focal image. 
I stamped the image with my Versa Mark ink on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and clear heat embossed it. Next I used Candy Apple Distress Ink and blended it onto my embossed heart. I concentrated the color more towards the center letting it fade as I went outside the heart.
Next is my favorite part. I took a "love you" die and cut it out of the center of the heart along with 3 more out of a piece of white cardstock. I stacked all the words to create dimension. 

Next I attached my main panel to a piece of patterned paper and inlaid my die cut. I kept the insides of all my letters from my panel and glued them into place as well.
Lastly I attached the whole thing to an A2 card base.
I love the way this turned out. It was my first time trying this technique out and combined with the design in the heart it created a really cool 3D optical illusion look, however, this would work great with any larger image!
I hope I've inspired you to take a look through your stash and grab some of your larger stamps and word dies to try this with.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope everyone has a fantastic Valentines Day!

  

3 comments:

  1. Super fun design! Happy Valentine's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shadow you created with the Distress Inks! I ♥ the hidden sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, Jen. Love the hidden sentiment idea!

    ReplyDelete