Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Patchwork Valentine

Hello from design team member, Heidi!  My idea for this Valentine came from my need to use up some scraps from one of my Valentine themed paper pads.  Every time I got it out, the pieces would fall out all over.  (Surely I am not alone in this problem?)

So I decided to make an easy patchwork background with them.


I used a small square die to cut 6 different patterns of scraps.  I could have easily used my trimmer or a punch to cut them, too.  Then, I cut a piece of paper to the size of a cardfront.  I spread glue stick over the paper and then applied a row of squares and repeated the process until the full sheet was covered.  I then trimmed it down to the size I wanted.


Tips: Choose one of your adhesives, like a glue stick or liquid glue, that has more of an open time to move your square to the exact right spot.   Also, you may want to consider using a sheet of paper for the base that is similar to the colors of the patterned paper.  Then if you have some slight gaps, they are less noticeable.

The Be My Valentine sentiment is a nice, large focal point.  I really like it because it is a font good for children.



I stamped some candy conversation hearts on to various scraps and used them as my embellishments. I really love how sweet they are!


Thanks for stopping by!  If you have more ideas on how to use paper scraps, let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat, Heidi, and such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete