Sunday, February 12, 2017

Shimmer and Sparkle Valentine

Hey y'all Jenna here. Feels good to be back. Had to take a break from the blogging and crafting world for a bit due to some family stuff but I am back and have loads of inspiration to share!
Today I have a fun Valentine's Day card I created using a stamp from JFF's newest release and one of their older stamps. The heart is one of 2 hearts in a new set called French Postal Hearts, and I used the Love stamp slightly overlapping.
I started my card by creating my main panel. I used a piece of Nina Solar White cardstock cut down to 5"x3 3/4" and used a tiny heart stencil to create a background. I used my Bo Bunny Glitter paste and tinted it with both some Candy Apple and Wilted Violet Distress Inks . Its hard to tell in the pictures but i tried to overlap and blend the two colors towards the center. 

Once I was happy with my background, I set that aside to dry. I grabbed a piece of shimmering vellum and used silver embossing powder to heat emboss first the heart, and then the word Love, slightly overlapping the heart. I trimmed the strip down leaving some extra on the sides so I could fold it over my panel and glue it on the back. That way I didn't have to worry about and pesky glue showing through this gorgeous vellum!
Before attaching my panel to my A2 card base I layered it to a piece of black and white striped cardstock for contrast. Finally I attached the entire thing to my card base. 

I wish you could see all the shimmer and sparkle that this simple card gives off! Its subtle but definitely noticeable.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and I was able to provide some inspiration. I'll be back soon with more fun cards and inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the new heart stamp over your great stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice effect with vellum layer! Terrific Valentine's Day card!

    ReplyDelete