Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Technique Tutorial: Stamping with Water on Distress Oxide backgrounds

Hello!  Design team member, Heidi, here today and I have a fun and easy technique to share with you today using some great stamps from Just for Fun Rubber stamps.


This card was made from the Tree Line background stamp.  It would be easy to get two cards out of this background once you cut it up.


Let me show you how to do this technique. (Don't worry if you don't have the Distress Oxide inks yet, you could also get a very similar look with regular Distress inks.)

First, sponge your white cardstock heavily with ink.
(Click on the photos to enlarge.)


Second, ink up a stamp with a clear embossing ink.  That is optional, but I find it helps.


Spritz the stamp with water then stamp right over your inked background.


The oxide inks both react with water to create a watermark and they also get a white oxidation to them when water touches it, and it really looks lovely!


Here is my completed card project with this stamp which is from the Flora and Fauna sheet (one of my most favorite sets!) The sayings are from Sentiment Sheet 3.




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Please let me know if you give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! I will have to try this, I just got a pad of distress oxide ink and was wondering what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, Heidi! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I need to get some of these pads!

    ReplyDelete