Friday, May 12, 2017

When you need a card quickly...

Hello cardmaking friends! This is design team member, Heidi.

 I have been hit with an acute need for many cards that I don't have in my stash.  One of those are some sympathy cards.  I used stamps from the Flora and Fauna sheet and Sentiment set 3.


I wanted a colored look, but did not want to take time to color...  I decided to color a stamp with water based markers, spritz lightly with water and then stamp onto regular cardstock.  Some people call this watercolor stamping, or watercolor spritz.  I used two green markers and one purple.

I get a watercolor look and I like that you can use either watercolor paper or regular cardstock, whatever you have on-hand.  I did frame the flowers with cardstock and added some scoring on the white piece.


The second thing that made this quick is using embossed colored cardstock for the background instead of fussing with inking or something else.  The sentiment was stamped in dark green ink since I thought black would be too bold.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Link up your feminine cards for mom in our monthly challenge!  There is a prize up for grabs!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Heidi, and I love the vivid orchid color with that great embossed background and pretty stamped flowers! Great sympathy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I love the colors on your card. I also love stamping this way with solid stamps. So easy and a pretty look. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete