Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Masking Background Stamps - Beachy Collage

Design Team member, Heidi, sharing an easy way to stretch your background stamps.  I adore the Beach Unmounted Sheet stamp set and have been using it as much as possible lately.  Here is the card and simple technique.


Take a sheet of copy paper and fold it so you can tear a random looking hole in it.  I usually use a piece of junk mail.  You can create a more regular shape using a die, too.


Then just ink up your background stamp (I used the Tattered Screen) and stamp over your home-made mask.  


This irregular look is great for a collage look.  I am such a fan of background stamps and love using them this way.  I used light ink to mimic the look of a fishing net.


The shell was stamped and fussy cut, then I used irridescent chalks to color it.  They blend so easily and add to the beachy feel.  I stamped more images from the set onto my background and added the lovely new Voice of the Sea sentiment.  Some Nuvo pearl drops were applied and then I was done.



Thank you so much for coming by today!  

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Heidi. I like the way you used the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the hardwork done by the blog owner.Keep Posting such great things again.Looking forward for your next post.
    Pincodestreet

    ReplyDelete