Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Just for Fun! Stenciling with Distress Oxides & Colored Cardstock

Hello from Design Team member, Heidi! I would like to share some cards I made with backgrounds using Distress Oxide inks.  I think most everyone knows, by now, that they are excellent for ink-blending.  They also have been marketed for use on dark cardstocks.  Mostly, I have seen people using them with black and kraft cardstock, but I wanted to see how they would work on other colors.  And that is when I just fell in love with stenciling with these.  They just look amazing over colored cardstocks.

The first card uses Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick over regular (cheap) yellow cardstock.  I blended the colors and then did spritz water over top with the stencil still in place to get the slightly oxidized look.


The Palm Tree stamp (found in the Beach Unmounted sheet and separately, in a larger size) was heat embossed first with neon orange embossing powder, and then while still hot, I added sparkle embossing powder and heated again.  To match, I sponged yellow Oxide ink on my die cut flowers.


The second card uses Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks over lime green cardstock, using the same technique as above.  I colored the Stamptangle Chickadee stamp with alcohol markers.  I adore this color combo - it is bright and beautiful!


Both sentiments are from Sentiment Unmounted Sheet 3.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Did you take the plunge to get these new inks? I hope you will try them out with your Just for Fun stamps!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, these are great! Love the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete