Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Best Things in Life are Sweet!


Today's card features some of the new Summer 2017 stamps combined with the September Card Sketch challenge.
I wanted to test out a masking technique using rubber cement and watercolor stamping.  I chose some images with simple shapes that would be easy to paint over with the rubber cement and a paint brush, and a sentiment to go with it.
Product ID: B4031Citrus Slice
Product ID: D4027 Citrus Slices
Product ID: B3976The Best Things in Life...
I stamped the single slice using a Faber Castell Big Brush marker in Orange Glaze. Pitt Artist pens are India ink making them waterproof. I painted over the image with rubber cement and an old paint brush. I rinsed my brush with water and the glue removed easily.


I let the glue dry completely before I stamped over it. The photo below was my first sample that I did not use. I misted the citrus slice with water after I stamped it with water color , but I wanted a sharper image in the foreground - that's why I stamped another panel in India ink. You can see how the rubber cement resisted the water and stamping in this photo though. When the watercolor paper was dry, I just rubbed the rubber cement off with my finger.


I think it worked better than fussy cutting a mask! I added some Diamond Stickles for sparkle on the segments. 


There's still time! You have until 9:00 PM (EST) tonight to submit an entry for the monthly challenge.
                                                                             

Make something using the sketch and link it up for a chance to win a gift certificate from JFF Rubber Stamps online store!


1 comment:

  1. That's very cool! Fun stamp and such great, bright and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete